Zila Parishad is a district-level Indian government organization, responsible for rural development and district administration. It is headed by a district collector, who is an IAS officer. The primary functions of Zila Parishad are:
District-level Indian government organization: Zila Parishad
1. Rural development: This includes provision of basic amenities such as roads, electricity, water, healthcare, education, and housing.
2. District administration: This includes maintenance of law and order, registration of births and deaths, and collection of taxes.
3. Financial assistance: Zila Parishad provides financial assistance to panchayats for development projects.
Zila Parishad is an important organization for rural development and district administration. It plays a crucial role in delivering basic amenities to the rural population and ensuring law and order in the district.
Zilla Panchayat for rural development
The Zilla Panchayat is the apex body for rural development in the state of Karnataka. It comprises the district collector as the chairperson and the elected representatives of the zilla panchayat (district council). The zilla panchayat is responsible for the planning and execution of all rural development schemes in the district. It also acts as the nodal agency for the implementation of central and state government schemes in the district.
The zilla panchayat is headquartered at the district headquarters and has offices in all the talukas (sub-divisions) of the district. The zilla panchayat president is the chief executive officer of the zilla panchayat. He is assisted by a number of officers and staff.
The zilla panchayat is responsible for the following:
- Planning and execution of all rural development schemes in the district.
- Implementation of central and state government schemes in the district.
- Provision of basic amenities like water, sanitation, roads, electricity, etc. in the rural areas.
- Implementation of schemes for the welfare of the rural poor.
- Development of agriculture and horticulture in the district.
- Development of small-scale industries in the rural areas.
- Development of education and health services in the rural areas.
- Promotion of social welfare schemes in the rural areas.
- Maintenance of law and order in the rural areas.
- Collection of taxes and other revenues from the rural areas.
Zilla Panchayat Telegram Group
|Telegram Channel for Your Janpad Telegram Group||Click here Join|
|Telegram Group for Your Janpad Telegram Group||Click here Join|
|Telegram Group for Your Telegram Group||Click here Join|